I finally got DNS scavenging configured in our environment. It’s working great, no big disasters. I was browsing the DNS manager (so much faster now that we got rid of those 6,000+ resource records we didn’t need) and I noticed two
TXT records that I created as a test last week. I didn’t need them anymore, but instead of deleting them I thought I’d just set them to expire and let scavenging take care of it. Funny thing is, the setting just wouldn’t stick. No errors, nothing preventing me from doing it, it just kept reverting to static.
While writing a PowerShell script to fix some DNS records, I came across some very strange behavior. I was calling
Get-DnsServerResourceRecord and it was returning duplicate results for every record. One result was correct, and the other one looked like it was the fully qualified domain name. The results made no sense to me, and I couldn’t figure out how now to return these extraneous records.
The ESET Remote Administrator Console hasn’t caused me much grief over the years when it comes to pushing out installations. But recently I was helping a client upgrade the workstations to version 5 of NOD32, now called ESET Endpoint Antivirus, or ESET Smart Security. Things seemed to be going fine, but then I noticed that at least 2 computers were not in the
Remote Install tab’s computer list.